How to Create a Website for Small Businesses Using WordPress and Divi
Course Level: Beginner
If all you want is a small website that shows your online presence, or if you are a blogger and now you are enthusiastic to create a blog of your own so you can start earning some good money on the side, then you are at the right place! In this video I will show you how to create a website for small businesses using WordPress and Divi.
In one of my previous videos, I already showed you how to setup a child theme and start off building your website. Today I will show you exactly how to build your front page step by step using only functions provided in WordPress and Divi and minimal CSS. Your homepage is the first impression a viewer gets so I will help you make it more presentable with my tips and techniques in my further videos as well.
In this video we will be covering the following:
- Creating the front page of a small business website using basic functions of the Divi theme and very little CSS.
- Sections and modules and how to use the Divi theme to create quick and easy websites.
- Creating a slider with a background image and using the ‘Text Overlay’ options.
- Changing the button style options in the ‘Theme Customizer’ options for the entire website.
- Adding a border to the blurb image using CSS and explaining why it can’t be done using the options in Divi.
- Creating a welcome section for content and using the text and image module in different columns.
- Adding a contact form to the end of the page.
In my next video I will discuss how to further improve this website and how to create other sections of the website including the photo gallery and much more. Please subscribe to our YouTube channel or through our mailing list, whichever is more convenient for you.
Do you like the WordPress theme I am using? You can purchase the Divi theme from Elegant Themes, I would suggest going for the lifetime package. That’s what I went for and it made the most sense too.
Just letting you know, I do get compensated if you make any purchases after using the link above or any of the links that lead to elegant themes on my website.
Did You Like Our Post? Sign Up Below and Get Latest Content Directly Delivered to Your Inbox
Enter Your email ID and be the first one to know when the new post gets published on SurfnLearn.